Faculty members who have current and substantial relevant work experience in the field in which they teach will be professionally qualified to teach graduate and undergraduate courses under the following circumstances.
- Professionally Qualifications
- Executives and senior professionals either current or retired, who had significant responsibility in the are in which they teach shall be deemed professionally qualified as long as they are no more than five years from the end of that work experience
- Professionals who are in licensed field such as CPAs, attorneys, etc.
- To maintain relevant executive experience requires continued active work in the field as an executive or consultant and must be current and demonstrably relevant.
- For professionals who are in licensed fields such as CPAs, attorneys, etc., the person must maintain the licensing and meet all the continuing education requirements for that licensing.
- Additional Requirements for full-time Professionally qualified faculty
- All professionally qualified full-time faculty with an appropriately accredited doctoral degree who are hired in tenure track/tenure positions shall be required to meet the same scholarly outcome requirements for currency as academically qualified full–time faculty.