UTEP offers certification in the areas of English, Math, Science and Social Studies.
Every applicant must complete the following items prior to admission to UTEP:
- Obtain a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution (Option II only)
- Have an undergraduate GPA of 2.5 or better, or a graduate GPA of 3.0 or better
- Submit all official transcripts
- Have transcript(s) evaluated by the undergraduate (Susan Romero) or graduate (Rachel Nowak) advisor in the School of Education. Please call 219-980-6510 to schedule an appointment for advising. (Undergraduates who are not officially enrolled in the university must report to the admissions office to be admitted and advised, prior to proceeding to the School of Education)
- Have no more than 9 content hours remaining
- Successful completion of the CASA I basic skills exam (Reading-220; Writing-220; Math-220)
- Admission to the School of Education (SOE) graduate program, including a fee of $40 (fee applies to non-IU students only)
- Submit a criminal background check
- Submit a complete UTEP application including a letter of recommendation and an essay
- Interview with UTEP Director or designee
It is imperative that the above steps are followed in the order they appear. Failing to do so delays the process of determining admission status. If you are denied admission to Indiana University Northwest or the School of Education, you do not qualify for admission to UTEP.