All rental inquiries are reviewed and approved by an internal committee consisting of Performing Arts Department Faculty and the School of the Arts Dean. To reserve space, please submit a formal request by following the link above. Unfortunately, we cannot accept e-mail or telephone requests. Please refer to our FAQ's and Facilities Use Policies for additional information about rates, capacity, and technical specifications. We will respond to all space reservation requests within 3-5 business days to respond to your request.
FACILITIES USE POLICIES
Please read our Facilities Use Policies
Theatre Northwest is an active, vibrant, and busy performing arts center. Among other activities, Theatre Northwest produces and presents its own professional, public series of entertainment events. These events are in addition to the events we support for the IU Northwest Theatre Department, and other departmental events. When requesting the use of one of the Theatre Northwest’s spaces – Main Stage Theatre or, Black Box Theatre - it is imperative that as much information as possible is provided and that it is provided as early as possible. When requesting a venue, there are several things that should be kept in mind:
- Submit your request as far in advance of your event as possible. Ideally, requests should be made at least a year in advance; and two years in advance is even better. Due to the nature of booking nationally-touring professional acts for our own performance series, we often book our artists at least a year in advance. We also schedule performances by the IU Northwest Theatre departments nearly a year in advance, as well. In short, our production calendar fills up quickly. We realize that substantial lead time is not always possible, but the sooner you submit your request for the use of one of our venues, the greater the chance it will be available.
- Any event that is open to the public will require the staffing of ushers who are trained to handle crowd control in the event of an emergency or evacuation. Should our usual volunteer ushers be unavailable and/or if your organization is unable to provide ushers for your event, a charge may be incurred for the hiring of trained ushers.
- Your event is not confirmed until you receive an event confirmation from Theatre Northwest. We strongly suggest that you do not publicize your event until you have received official confirmation of your reservation.
- Certain groups have priority in scheduling. Due to the mission of Theatre Northwest and the academic mission of the university, the first priority is the scheduling of academic and performance activities of the IU Northwest Theatre, and the School of the Arts departments. Second priority is the scheduling of Theatre Northwest events, community arts groups, and other contractual engagements. Third priority is given to the scheduling of internal and external seminars, workshops, and other activities. Scheduling of Theatre Northwest facilities is primarily the responsibility of the Director of Arts Programming and Engagement.
- Student Organizations. IU Northwest student organizations or individual students must have an IU Northwest faculty or staff sponsor for their event who agrees to be responsible for — and attend — the event.
- Fees. A fee schedule is available for both internal (IU Northwest) and external (non-IU Northwest) groups. These fee schedules can be found on the Theatre Northwest web site at oglecenter.com or by requesting a fee schedule by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. An IU Northwest departmental account number must be provided before an event can be confirmed. You will receive an estimate for any event charges prior to your event.
- Deposits and Cancellation. A deposit may be required upon confirmation of your event. The deposit will be applied as a credit to your final invoice of charges. If you cancel your event within 5 business days or less prior to your event, you will be charged the amount specified in the estimate of charges you received after your event was confirmed.
- Changes to your original request. If you need to make changes to your original request (including change of date, time, and/ or technical needs), you must contact Theatre Northwest at least 7 business days prior to your event to allow time to order any additional equipment or to schedule any additional labor. Changes or additions to the original venue request made fewer than 7 business days prior to your event may incur an additional “rush service” charge.
- Food and Beverages. If your event includes a reception at which food and/or beverages are to be served, you must contact the university’s Catering Services at firstname.lastname@example.org | (219) 980-7763. No outside food or beverages are allowed.
- Theatre Northwest branding. To avoid confusion, we request that any public mention of the location of your event refer to “Theatre Northwest,” “Main Stage Theatre at Indiana University Northwest,” or “Black Box Theatre at IU Northwest.” Use of the IU Northwest, School of Arts, and the Department of Performing Arts logo requires approval with the School of Arts Dean and Director of Arts Programming and Engagement.
- Use of the facilities. It is expected that users of the Theatre Northwest will respect the physical integrity of the building. You may be charged for any damage to the facilities and/or for additional custodial service if facilities are not returned to their original condition after use. Pianos are to remain covered when not in use. Doorstops, stage weights, music stands, or wedges may not be used to prop open doors (this is a violation of the Indiana State Fire Code). Any equipment that is moved must be returned to its original location. For ticketed events, every individual entering must be issued a ticket, including infants and children (tickets for infants and children may be free, but a ticket must be issued if the event is ticketed).