The Office of Sponsored Research is a unit within the Office of Academic Affairs created to serve the scholarly and creative activities of faculty, students and staff.
The Indiana University Research Gateway is the essential link for proposal development guidance, Indiana University research policies, forms, funding opportunities databases, announcements of educational opportunities and much, much more. This site is a comprehensive resource for all Indiana University research and external funding-related information.
Links to Indiana University policies concerning financial issues, facilities, human resources, information technology, purchasing, and other pertinent issues have been conveniently collected HERE.
This site also includes links to the IU Academic Handbook, Budget Office's Fact Book, IU Staff and Faculty Emergency Procedures Handbook, and the Risk Management Office.
Policies related to personnel on sponsored projects may be found HERE.
To seek external funding from state, federal, and foundation sources to support projects that match the Indiana University definition of sponsored program and the institutional priorities for IU Northwest.
We are ready to assist you in a variety of ways with your research endeavors.,
- Helps identify funding sources
- Acquires application forms and guidelines from potential funding sources
- Provides assistance with proposal development, preparation, and submission
- Will review and critique your grant proposals
- Provides training for Fastlane, and COS services
- Serves as the contact point for federal and private agencies
- Acts as liaison between Indiana University Northwest and Office of Research Administration in Bloomington
- Is the clearinghouse and contact point for all local and system grant programs
- Arranges training workshops on a variety of grants related topics
- MyRA - My Research Administration--- https://myra.iu.edu/
- Foundations and Nonprofits
- Limited Submissions
- Directories of Research Locations
- Grants, Cooperative Agreements
Information about IU Northwest and NW Indiana http://www.iun.edu/sponsored-research/docs/info_iun_nwindiana.pdf
Assistance- For assistance in preparing funding proposals, begin with the Office of Sponsored Research, TJ Stoops at (219) 980-6832 in Hawthorn Hall 244.