- SPEA will continue to accept MPA applications through July 1, 2020 for the Fall 2020 cohort.
- Registration for the Summer and Fall terms is still ongoing and we are still advising students. Contact your advisor by phone or email. Advising can also be done virtually (i.e., SKYPE or ZOOM)
- As of now, all face to face classes have transitioned to an online format via CANVAS and will continue until otherwise noted. Please continue to check your IU email and CANVAS for additional updates.
- SPEA's Annual 2020 MPA Hooding ceremony has been canceled at this time, however, we do hope to reschedule as soon as possible. Check your email for further updates on the Hooding Ceremony.
- Although many faculty and staff may be telecommuting. Indiana University does remain open at this time. SPEA and other offices remain open. Office phones and emails are being answered. Please contact 219-980-6695 or send an email to one of the advisors (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented national emergency.
An education that works anywhere
Students in public & environmental affairs have the opportunity to develop leadership and decision-making skills to assist organizations to operate in the public interest, while addressing social issues and societal concerns. A SPEA degree will help to advance one’s understanding of public, private, and nonprofit organizations that serve the public interest. A SPEA degree provides the opportunity to develop future leaders that will...
- Shape public policy
- Make & enforce laws
- Protect the planet
- Support communities and fellow citizens
A community where you belong
You have the academic freedom to pursue whatever intrigues you—and you’ll be encouraged to do it.
Graduate Students Association
An IU education gives you the tools to succeed no matter which direction life takes you, whether your next step is graduate school or employment.
Faculty who inspire
Our faculty are not only brilliant researchers and sought-after experts, they’re also committed teachers who do their best to instill passion in their students.
NASPAA (Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration) is the global standard in public service and is a membership of graduate programs in the areas of public policy, public affairs, public administration, as well as public and non-profit management. SPEA at IUN was reaccredited in 2013 and will be up for reaccreditation in 2020.