On Saturday, February 19, 2022, IU Northwest hosted its 21st annual Science Olympiad Regional Tournament. A total of 16 teams (6 Division B and 10 Division C) from 14 schools across the region competed for the opportunity to advance to the Indiana State Science Olympiad tournament at Purdue University on March 12, 2022. For more information on the state tournament, please visit https://purduescioly.org/.
The IU Northwest Science Olympiad Steering Committee wishes to congratulate all 14 teams who came out to our tournament this year. It was a fun day, full of science and engineering, and as always we were impressed with the dedication, knowledge and ingenuity shown by the competitors this year.
We would like to extend a special congratulations to the 9 teams advancing from our regional tournament to the state tournament this year. Those teams are:
- B05 - Thomas Jefferson Middle School, Valparaiso
- B06 - Westchester Intermediate School, Chesterton
- B02 - Grimmer Middle School, Schererville
- B03 - Lowell Middle School, Lowell
- C11 - Whiting High School, Whiting
- C02 - Crown Point High School, Crown Point
- C06 - Marian High School, Mishawaka
- C01 - Chesterton High School, Chesterton
- C04 - Highland High School, Highland
Tournament results can be downloaded by clicking on the links below (these links will start a download of an Excel spreadsheet):
We wish all the advancing teams the best of luck in the state tournament! And we look forward to seeing all these wonderful teams again next year for our 22nd Annual Regional Science Olympiad Tournament!