For more on IU's response to COVID-19, visit coronavirus.iu.edu
1. Refresh Your Math Skills
Before taking the Math Placement test, it is highly recommended that students spend time refreshing their skills using the practice tests provided by the IU Northwest Math Department or taking advantage of Mathematics Placement Coaching. Note that you cannot use a calculator on the Placement tests. It is recommended that you do not use a calculator to practice or during coaching sessions. You can also view the general education math requirement for your selected major here. You can view the practice tests or schedule free placement coaching with our experienced tutors:
- Practice for Level 2 or Schedule Coaching (for placement into Intermediate Algebra / Basic General Education math class needed for most social science, health science, and liberal arts degrees)
- Practice for Level 3 or Schedule Coaching (for placement into Pre-calculus – needed for School of Business and Economics, CIS, Informatics, and Radiation Therapy degrees)
- Practice for Level 4 or Schedule Coaching (for placement into Calculus – needed for Mathematical and Physical Sciences degrees)
Math STEP Workshop
The STEP Workshop is available for all students to complete in prepraration for the Placement test.
The STEP Workshop is available to be completed online. If you have any questions about the STEP Workshop, please contact Kristie Gilmore at (219) 981-5691 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Ready to take Math Placement?
- Check in your student center or with your academic advisor to see if you have already received a math placement. You can also check with the math department at email@example.com
- If you still need to take the math placement, click the Math Placement Testing button below to get started with the process.