The SLC is committed to providing a safe and effective environment for experiential learning through innovation and best-evidence in collaboration with university and community partners.
- Simulation is integrated across the nursing curriculum
- Interprofessional collaboration through simulation is recognized as integral to student learning and is done in partnership with
- nursing and other university programs
- nursing and the community
- Multiple levels of scenarios are provided that integrate Quality and Safety Education for Nurses into patient care
About Mannequin-based Simulations at IUN
IUN has a SimMan Essential, five VitalSims, eight static mannequins and multiple task trainers including an IV simulator. Students participate in simulations from sophomore through senior year.
The main goal of the Simulation Center is to improve safety within patient care. However, in addition to patient safety, we focus on:
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Reaction to pressure during simulations
- Reaction to feedback during and after simulations
- Psychomotor skills
- Critical thinking and clinical reasoning and judgment