BA/BS to BSN General Education Requirements
Requirements for Admission:
Admitted to Indiana University Northwest as a degree seeking student.
Completed 56 credit hours of prerequisite courses including the following with a minimum overall GPA of 2.5 and a minimum GPA of 3.0 in general education courses used towards the nursing program.
- P 130 Human Biology (4 cr within seven years of program admission)
- P 261/P 262 Anatomy & Physiology I and II (min of 8 cr within seven years of program admission)
- M 200 Microorganisms in Nature & Disease (4 cr within seven years of program admission)
- C 110 Chemistry of Life (3 cr within seven years of program admission)
- M 100 Basic Math, M 118 Finite, M 125 Pre-Calculus, M 126 Trig Functions, or M 127 Pre-Calculus (min of 3 cr)
- K 300 Statistics (3 cr within seven years of program admission)
- W131 English Composition (3 cr)
- S 121 Public Speaking (3 cr)
- W 231 Professional Writing Skills (3 cr)
- Cultural/Historical Studies (6 cr)
- P 101 or P 102 Introduction to Psychology (3 cr)
- S 161 Principles of Sociology (3 cr)
- P 216 Life Span Development (3 cr within seven years of program admission)
- P 393 Biomedical Ethics
- Literature Elective (3 cr)
- Open Elective (2 -3 cr)
- Completion of a School of Nursing Student Disclosure Form. Print form and mail to Nursing Student Services at: Indiana University Northwest, 3400 Broadway, Gary, IN 46408. Form must be received by Nursing Student Services on or before January 1st, 2019.
- Potential students should meet with a nursing advisor prior to application for the program.
- Students must have a bachelor degree in a field other than Nursing with a graduation GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- All general education requirements must be met prior to enrollment in the nursing major courses.
- The pre-nursing GPA (average of the general education requirements) used toward the BSN program must be 3.0 or above.
- Repeat of three (3) general education requirements is allowed. No more than two may be sciences. There is a limit of one repeat per course.
- The minimum grade requirement is a C (2.0). Grades of C- or below are not acceptable.
- There is a seven year age limit on Life Span Development, the sciences, and statistics.
- Admission to the BA/BS to BSN Option is competitive.
- Years of Study Required for Nursing Curriculum (nursing courses only) - 1.5
Application available October 1, 2019 - January 1, 2020
→ NOTE: If you are planning to apply to this program option, you must first be admitted to the university.