IU Northwest Mission
Our purpose is to enhance the quality of life of the most diverse, urban, industrialized region of the state.
• We engage the community in high-quality teaching and scholarship.
• We partner with communities to impact and promote social, economic, and cultural development.
• We inspire and empower a diverse body of students to be active citizens, who apply their knowledge to transform their communities and the world.
Approved by IU Board of Trustees on 16 June 2017.
The IU Northwest Council conducted a campus planning exercise during the 2016-2017 academic year that:
- Tested the alignment of IU Northwest’s Strategic Priorities with the Indiana University Bicentennial Strategic Plan and Blueprint 2.0: The Bicentennial Strategic Plan for the Regional Campuses of Indiana University;
- Updated and refined the IU Northwest Strategic Priorities; and
- Elaborated the IU Northwest Strategic Priorities format, to include concise campus-level objectives, for implementation at the unit/operational level.
- The resulting draft was distributed for discussion and response to the Faculty Organization and other campus constituencies during Fall 2016.
- The IU Northwest Council endorsed the final text at its January 2017 meeting.
- Specific action projects to implement the objectives will be tracked in WEAVE.