AVAILABLE ONLINE or ON CAMPUS
- A minimum of 12 credit hours in each of the three required areas of learning. (The credit hours required in each area must be taken in at least two academic departments.)
- Arts and humanities (12 cr.)
- Science and mathematics (12 cr.)
- Social and behavioral sciences (12 cr.)
- A minimum of 18 additional credit hours in one of the preceding areas with courses from at least two academic departments (18 cr.)
- Electives (66 cr.)
Total (120 cr.)
Students must meet the 120 credit hour graduation requirement of the B.G.S. degree by satisfying the following:
- At least 69 credit hours of course work in the arts and sciences must be completed. No more than 21 of these credits may be taken in a single arts and sciences department or subject area.
- No More than 30 of 51 credit hours allowed for course work outside the arts and sciences may be taken in any on school or technical program. (No more than 27 credit hours from the School of Business and Economics.)
- At least 30 credit hours of course work of the required 120 credits must be taken within the Indiana University campuses.
- At least 20 credit hours of course work applied to the B.G.S. degree must be taken after the student is admitted to the General Studies Degree Program. These should be IU credit hours.
- At least 30 credit hours of the required 120 credits must be taken at the upper-division level. Upper-division course work is numbered in the 300s and 400s.
- In order to apply courses to the required areas of learning, a grade of C- or higher must be achieved in IU courses.
- In order to graduate, a student must have a General Studies Degree Program and Indiana University grade point average of at least 2.0.
For more information, visit the General Studies page on the IU Northwest bulletin.
For more information about the online program, please visit the IU Online page.