Scholarships and Grants
Scholarships and grants are forms of financial assistance that do not need to be repaid. IU Northwest offers multiple scholarships based on merit (your previous academic performance) and financial need.
These include full-scholarships that fund your studies until you graduate and partial one-time only or renewable scholarships.
IU Northwest scholarships are available to students interested in certain degree programs, such as nursing, education and science. We even offer scholarships for students from select Indiana counties. Want to study abroad? We offer scholarships for that, too.
We also offer federal and state-funded scholarship programs, including:
- Freshmen Scholarships
- National Science Foundation - AIMS
- Indiana University Foundation
- Transfer Scholarships
- Jim and Betty Dye Northwest Indiana Non-Traditional Student Scholarship
- IU Alumni Scholarships
- Hammond’s College Bound Scholarship
- General Scholarships and Awards
Need-based Federal and State Grants:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants
- Indiana Higher Education Awards
Taxability of Scholarships and Grants
If you are saving for or paying higher education costs, you are eligible for federal tax benefits.