Research and Published Work:
I had Training in Statistics, did research in pure mathematics and mathematical economics and I am now the chair of department of computer information systems at Indiana University Northwest. I am interested in algorithms, data analysis and software development
Published scientific papers under the name: K.P.S. Bhaskara Rao
Four Books and more than 90 published papers.
- Book: Theory of g-inverses over commutative rings, Taylor and Francis, in their series Algebra Logic and Applications. ISBN: 0-415-27248-3
- Book: "Theory of Charges, a study of Finitely additive measures" with M. B. Rao, Academic Press, 1983. ISBN: 0 12 095780 9
- Book: "Borel Spaces" with B. V. Rao, Published as volume CXC of Dissertationes Mathematicae, Poland in 1981.
- Book: "Borel Spaces II" with Rae M. Shortt, Published as volume CCCLXXII of Dissertationes Mathematicae, Poland in 1998.
List of coauthors:
- From USA: R.M.Shortt, Konrad Heuvers, J.D.Reid, K.Collins, Dan Moak, Bob Shelton, M. B. Rao, D. Ramachandran, Frank Hall, Jason Li, Marina Arav, Selcuk Koyuncu, Swastik Kopparty, Surekha Rao
- From Poland: R. Pol, E. Grzegorek
- From Israel: Alan Hirschberg
- From Germany: Ruediger Goebel, Ivo Duntsch
- From Italy: Achille Basile, V. Aversa, Paolo de Lucia, Candeloro, Anna Martellotti, Parlamento, Policriti, Enzo Barone, Emma D’Aniello
- From France: A. Klopotowski
- From India: A. Maitra, B.V. Rao, A. R. Rao, A. B. Raha, M.G.Nadkarni, H. Sarwadhikari, P.S.N.V.P.Rao, R. Bapat, K.M.Prasad
- From Canada: L. Cummings
Web resources: MATHSCINET search author name: Bhaskara Rao K.P.S.
- Google Scholar search: K.P.S. Bhaskara Rao
About the book “Theory of charges”:
- Preference reversal and strategy-proofness with more than three alternatives, Economics Letters, with Achille Basile and Surekha Rao
- On the relation between preference reversal and strategy-proofness. Economics Letters, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/ j.econlet.2021.109992.
- The structure of two-valued strategy-proof social choice functions, with Achille Basile and Surekha Rao, Journal of Mathematical Economics, available online: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0304406821000124
- Binary strategy-proof social choice functions with indifference, with Achille Basile Surekha Rao and K.P.S. Bhaskara Rao, Economic Theory, May 19, 2020. Available online: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00199-020-01273-1
- 91. A note on Resolvability, Acta Mathematica Hungarica, volume159, pages 669–673
- Efficient sets are very small, Bhaskara Rao Kopparty and Surekha K. Rao, Economics Bulletin, v.38, Issue 4, pages 2060-2063
- On the ultrafilter representation of coalitionally strategy-proof social choice functions, Surekha Rao, Achille Basile and K.P.S. Bhaskara Rao, Economic Theory Bulletin, 2018, Volume 6, Issue 1, pages 1-13
- Strictly nonzero integer valued charges, Swastik Kopparty and K.P.S. Bhaskara Rao, Proceedings of American Mathematical Society, Volume 146, Number 9, September 2018, pages 3777–3789
- A Note on Borda Method, Surekha K Rao and Bhaskara Rao Kopparty, Economics Bulletin, Volume 35, Issue 3, pages 1969-1975
- Products and sums of idempotent matrices over principal ideal domains, K.P.S. Bhaskara Rao, Combinatorial matrix theory and generalized inverses of matrices, Bapat, Ravindra B.(ed.) et al., New Delhi: Springer. 171-175 (2013). Proceedings of a conference. Refereed.
- On Zumkeller numbers, Yuejian Peng and K.P.S. Bhaskara Rao Journal of Number Theory, Volume 133, Issue 4, April 2013, Pages 1135–1155
- May's theorem in an infinite setting, with K. Surekha Rao, Journal of Mathematical Economics, 46(2010), pp 50-55.
- Products of idempotent matrices over integral domains, Linear algebra and its applications 430(2009), pp 2690-2695.
Gave invited lectures at:
- University of Illinois, Chicago Circle
- University of Waterloo, Canada
- Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia
- City University of New York, New York
- Wichita State University, Wichita, Kansas
- University of New South Wales, Australia
- Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
- University of Newcastle, Newcastle, Australia
- University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
- Flinders University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia
- University of New England, Armidale, Australia
- Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences, Czechoslovakia
- Charles University, Czechoslovakia
- Comenius University, Czechoslovakia
- Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Czechoslovakia
- Danish Academy of Sciences, Copenhagen
- Warsaw Technical University, Poland – Ryll-Nardzewski seminar
- Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland – Kuratowski-Engleking Seminar
- University of Wroclaw, Poland
- University of Udine, Udine, Italy
- University of Naples, Naples, Italy
- University of Rome, Rome, Italy
- University of Lecce, Lecce, Italy
- University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy
- University of Florence, Florence, Italy
- University of Basilicata, Potenza, Italy
- University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
- University of Catania, Catania, Italy
- University of Pescara, Pescara, Italy
- University of Essen, Essen, Germany
Referee for professional journals:
- Advances in Applied Probability
- Proceedings of American Mathematical Society
- Journal of Australian Mathematical Society
- Real Analysis Exchange
- Linear Algebra and its applications
- Linear and Multilinear Algebra
- Fundamenta Mathematica
- Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications
- Presented a talk at Mathematical Abundance, Illinois State University, Bloomington-Normal, April 18–19, 2008
- Presented a talk at Spring Central Section Meeting of American Mathematical Society, Bloomington, IN, April 5-6, 2008
- Presented a talk at14th Conference of the International Linear Algebra Society, Shanghai University, Shanghai, China, July 16-20, 2007
- Presented a talk at the 16th Workshop on Matrices and Statistics, Windsor, Canada, June 1-3, 2007
- Keynote speaker, Indiana Academy of Sciences - gave a talk titled: Egyptian fraction theorem: a proof and some problems, October 7, 2005.
- The international Conference on the future of statistical theory, practice and education held in December 29, 2004 – January 1, 2005 held at Hyderabad in India and presented paper titled: Boolean and sign pattern matrices.
- Presented a talk at the retirement conference to honor Jean Bevis at Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia in May 2005 and gave a talk titled: generalized inverses of elements in a ring.
- Invited Speaker for the Cartemi Measure Theory meetings at Capri 1992, Ischia 1994, 1996 and Maiori 1998 in Italy.
- Invited speaker at Grado Measure theory workshop 1995 in Italy – 10 intensive lectures on some topics in measure theory – the lectures are published.