Awards and Honors
Appointments to Editorial Boards
- Journal of International Criminal Law (JICL), Hague Center for International Law & Investment (HCILI), 2019-present.
- International Studies Journal (Int’l Stud. J.) – Dialogue for Peace and Human Rights (ISJ), Tehran, Iran & U.S. et al, 2017-present.
- Global Community Yearbook of International Law and Jurisprudence, Oxford University Press, New York (2015-present).
- International Criminal Law Review, Brill-Nijhoff, Leiden, the Netherlands (2011-present).
Awards and Honors
- College of Arts & Sciences Dean’s Award for Distinction in Service, Indiana University Northwest, 2021
- RSA Fellow (Royal Society for Arts, Manufacturers and Commerce), 2021 (by nomination from the U.K.)
- The Board of Trustees’ Teaching Award, IU Northwest, 2021, 2015, 2008
- Fulbright Distinguished Chair, Bi-national Fulbright Commissions and the Institute of International Education (IIE), Fulbright Award (80% research (“A Dual-Aspect Theory of Life, Freedom and Security: Ethics-Integration, Human Rights and Rule of Law”) and 20% teaching (“Human Rights, Values and Legal Trends: The Role of Ethics in Public International Law”), 2019-2020
- New Frontiers in the Arts & Humanities, Indiana University-Bloomington, 2016-2017
- Listed among the “distinguished scholars” for Oxford University Press, 2016
- Listed as “an eminent international law scholar” by Oxford University Press editors, 2012
- EuropeAid Office of the European Commission (under the auspices of International Institute of Higher Studies in Criminal Sciences (ISISC)), 2010
- Summer Faculty Fellowship in Research, IU Northwest, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004
- College of Arts & Sciences Dean’s Award for Distinction in Research and Creativity, Indiana University Northwest, 2007
- Selected as “Outstanding Instructor” for National Teacher Recognition Day, Center for Innovation & Scholarship in Teaching and Learning (CISTL), Indiana University Northwest, 2006
- Center for Regional Excellence Fellowship, Indiana University Northwest, 2006
- Listed (with name) among “our friends at the University of Chicago who inspired, founded and nurtured the [Scholars at Risk] Network,” October 27, 2003
- The Niels Bohr Award, the Royal Danish Academy of Sciences and Letters, 2000
- His Royal Highness Prince Joachim and Her Royal Highness Princess Alexandra’s Foundation, Denmark 1998
- The Anglo-Danish Society (Patrons: HM the Queen of Great Britain and HM the Queen of Denmark), London, England, 1992
Representation in Prestigious Collection