I move the following resolution for discussion by the Faculty Organization of Indiana University Northwest and for submission of this resolution to the Faculty for a mail ballot.
WHEREAS, the Faculty, Administration, Staff, and Students of Indiana University Northwest, in consultation and cooperation with the communities of Northwest Indiana, participated in a process designed to help chart the future of Indiana University Northwest, and,
WHEREAS, that process resulted in the development of a statement of principles designed to govern Indiana University Northwest (the “Shared Vision Statement,” see Attachment A), and
WHEREAS, that process also resulted in the identification of two areas of focus or emphasis for Indiana University Northwest (the “Areas of Excellence;” see Attachment B),
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE FACULTY ORGANIZATION OF INDIANA UNIVERSITY NORTHWEST, That the Faculty of Indiana University Northwest do endorse and support the Shared Vision Statement and The process by which it was developed.
in favoR ______
AND BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED BY THE FACULTY ORGANIZATION OF INDIANA UNIVERSITY NORTHWEST That the Faculty of Indiana University Northwest do endorse and support the Areas of Excellence AND THE PROCESS BY WHICH THEY WERE DEVELOPED
in favoR ______
1. We, the students, faculty, staff, and alumni of IUN, take pride in our unique identity as Indiana University serving the seven-county region of northwest Indiana.
2. As a student-centered campus, we commit ourselves to academic excellence characterized by a love of ideas and achievement in learning, discovery, creativity, and engagement.
3. Because we value the complete richness of the human family, we embrace diversity in all its facets and aspire to the full nobility of our shared humanity.
4. We interact in caring and competent ways to support individual and community aspirations and growth.
5. We honor and value the contributions of all our members.
6. We promote well-being through an attractive and convenient environment conducive to learning. Our graduates are prepared for life-long learning, ethical practices, successful careers, and effective citizenship.
7. Indiana University Northwest collaborates and cooperates with other educational institutions, external partners, and the surrounding communities to enhance our overall quality of life.
Cultural Discovery and Learning
A university and community partnership that explores our regional cultures through diverse perspectives and forms of expression. Using traditional and new media, this collaboration for cultural discovery and learning, with Indiana University Northwest as the base, initiates and sustains cultural projects, programming and events that serve the seven-county region. It calls for leadership in interdisciplinary cultural studies and in community and academic collaborations.
An Indiana University Northwest partnership with the northwest Indiana community to develop solutions that promote and produce sustainable regional vitality. It calls for leadership in systems dynamics and systems thinking. Programmatic areas include environmental systems, urban planning and development, and regional health and wellness.