March 24, 2000
- Call to Order
The meeting was called to order at 10:05 a.m.
- Approval of the February 18, 2000 Minutes
Approval of the February 18, 2000 minutes was delayed until the April meeting.
- Chancellor's Business
The Chancellor expressed gratitude for all those involved in the Budget process. All have worked very long and hard. The general outlook seems to be positive.
- The Board of Trustees meeting is next week. One point of discussion will be the Community College System.
- After the Board of Trustees meeting we will begin to build detailed budgets for all units on campus. When we begin the new fiscal year, every budget manager will know exactly what they have in their budget.
- The search for the new Academic Vice Chancellor is proceeding on schedule. We will soon finalize the search committee for the Vice Chancellor for Communication/Fundrasing.
- Marilyn Vasquez will take the position of Vice Chancellor or Finance on an interim basis.
- Consultants from Colorado will help us understand how to manage our facilities.
- We need to improve our ability to secure funds from outside sources, i.e., gifts and contracts.
- Vice Chancellor of Technology's Business - Don Steward
- Our deal with Dell Computers has run out. Gateway has come up with a deal for us.
- We have to get life cycle funding in place.
- We are not ready to go to new shorter e-mail addresses yet.
- Associate Vice Chancellor's Business - John Kroepfl
- 100 people came to an Open House we had last night
- Applications are up 33% over this time last year.
- Chair's Business
- Faculty Organization elections are underway. New ballots are out.
- Elections for division representatives to the Executive Committee will be held as soon as the results of the officer are known.
- UFC will meet at 12:30 our time in the Conference Center. The meeting is open to anyone who wishes to attend.
- Committee Reports
Calendar Committee - Rhiman Rotz
Library Committee - Steve Echtenkamp/Bob Moran
- The calendar for the 2001/2002 academic year was approved.
- A motion to include a tentative 6 year calendar in the Schedule of Classes was approved.
- The calendar committee is looking into moving Spring Break back to later in the semester.
A draft of the Library's new mission statement and strategic plan was discussed.
- Old Business - None
- New Business - None
The meeting was adjourned at 11:15 a.m.
Submitted by Florence Sawicki, Secretary
3400 Broadway - Gary, Indiana 46408