Executive Committee Minutes
January 15, 1999
1. Minutes of the November 15, 1998 meeting were approved.
2. Update on Faculty Senate and Faculty Organization Constitutions. The Committee has held three meetings, and prepared two rough drafts. In the senate document, policy questions are being examined, while in the organization document the effort is to add organizational structure to the document for easy amendment in the future. A member of the Executive Committee suggested the Constitution Committee carefully examine the committee structure, as there seems to be overlaps in function, inconsistent Committee size, etc. After some discussion, it was agreed to have the Committee on Committees examine the issue.
3. Tribute to Inma Minoves-Myers. Will be presented at the January Faculty Organization meeting.
4. Post Tenure Review. The Faculty Affairs Committee has prepared some drafts, which they hope to present at the February meeting. The deadline for preparing and submitting such documents to the Board of Trustees is unclear, as no UFC documentation has been provided. It was noted that this process needs to be balanced, and it seems to only be viewed as a punitive measure. If there is going to punishment, the process needs to also build in reward.
5. Executive Enrollment Analysis. The Executive Committee will request further information prior to meeting with the consultants.
6. Chancellor Search. The Faculty Organization will host an open forum on Friday, January 22, 1999 in Hawthorn Hall, Room 107 at 1:00 p.m. You are encouraged to attend this important event; the Search Committee requests your input.
7. Chancellor Search at Kokomo. The Executive Committee has been asked to submit names for possible service on this Committee.
Submitted by: Ellen Bosman, Secretary