Dental Education Clinic COVID-19 Information
The IU Northwest Dental Education Clinic is open!
We are a preventive dental clinic offering services to the population of Northwest Indiana at a reduced cost. Our services include dental prophylaxis (cleaning), fluoride treatments, non-surgical periodontal therapy (deep cleaning), periodontal assessments, oral cancer screenings, dental radiographs (x-rays), dental sealants and oral hygiene education.
Precautions we are taking to ensure the health and safety of our patients, students, and faculty include:
- Students, faculty, and patients have their temperatures taken upon entry to the clinic area each day.
- Students and faculty wear gloves, gowns, masks, face shields, and head coverings.
- An air purifying system has been added to the clinic area.
- Patients are required to wear face masks unless seated in the dental chair.
- The clinic is operating at 1/2 capacity in order to observe social distancing.