IU Northwest graduates and their guests are invited to park at one of the free locations listed below. The university will provide its RedHawk Shuttle service to and from the Genesis Center with one stop at the Railcats east parking lot near Virginia Street.
• Massachusetts Street (North): Located off of 5th Avenue at Massachusetts Street on the west side of the street.
• Hudson Campbell: Located off of 5th Avenue at Massachusetts Street on the east side of the street.
• Virginia Street (North): Located at the corner of 4th Avenue and Virginia Street on the east side of the street.
• Virginia Street (South): Located at the corner of 5th Avenue and Virginia Street directly across from Hellman’s Tire Service.
• Carolina Street (North): Located off of either 4th Avenue or 5th Avenue at Carolina Street.
• Carolina Street (South): Located off of 5th Avenue and Carolina Street.
The RedHawk Shuttle will drop off/pick-up directly in front of the Genesis Center. The shuttle will operate from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m., and will resume 15 minutes following the closing of Commencement and run for one hour. There will be two shuttles making rounds every five to 10 minutes.
Designated free parking areas and the RedHawk Shuttle pick-up/drop-off location at the Railcats east parking lot near Virginia Street will be marked with signage.
The Gary Police Department will be on hand to assist with traffic control.
For more information on this year's graduation program, please refer to "Commencement 2019 - Need to Know"