Policies & Procedures


Grade Appeals

Academic units should not consider petitions for change of grade from concluded courses older than 5 years. Academic units may choose to use a shorter time period than the campus limit. For the situation where a student believes there was an error in the calculation or assigning of a course grade or they are seeking a withdrawal, it is the responsibility of the student to contact the course instructor to discuss the grade and make his or her case to have the grade changed. If the course instructor declines to support the student's request for a change of grade or in situations where the instructor cannot be contacted, the student may appeal the course grade following the procedures established by the awarding academic unit. 

The Change of Grade Request requires course information (course title, semester taken) and a reason for the requested change.  Additional documentation to substantiate the reason may be required.  If the student's performance or withdrawal was medically related, the student should provide appropriate supporting documentation. Decisions on grade changes are made within the schools. If the request is supported, the school will notify the Office of the Registrar of the new grade. If the request is denied, students will be so notified by the school.  The student may then appeal to the  Academic Affairs Committee of the Faculty Organization. 

Academic Bulletins

PDF Version

Click here for the PDF version.