College of Arts and Sciences


Chemistry, Physics, and Astronomy
Major in Physics - B.A.

IU Northwest offers a minor but not a major in physics. However a student can take several of the courses below and transfer the credit to a physics granting institution such as Bloomington.

Concentration Requirements

Physics: At least 25 credit hours, including PHYS-P 201 - PHYS-P 202 or PHYS-P 221 - PHYS-P 222, PHYS-P 301.

Recommended courses are PHYS-P 309, PHYS-P 332, PHYS-P 340. Mathematics: MATH-M 215, MATH-M 216, and MATH-M 343 are required.

Academic Bulletins

PDF Version

Click here for the PDF version.

IUN Bulletin

Click here to go to IUN Bulletin Homepage.