Veteran/Military Students

In granting credit on the basis of education gained through military service, schools, and experience, IU Northwest Office of Admissions follows the American Council on Education’s Guide to Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services.

To receive credit for your military service background, you must submit copies of your official discharge (DD214), AARTS, SMARTS, Community College of the Air Force, university/college, or Defense Language Institute transcript.

Indiana University Northwest limits academic residency to no more than twenty-five percent of the degree requirements for undergraduate degrees for active-duty service members as part of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges Consortium.  Academic residency can be completed at any time while active-duty service members are enrolled.  Reservists and National Guardsmen on active-duty are covered in the same manner.  Students must contact an academic advisor to create a plan for accommodating the need to activate the waiver in order to maintain the integrity of their Indiana University degree.  The IU Northwest School of Nursing is excluded from Consortium membership and so not bound by these rules.

Academic Bulletins

PDF Version

Click here for the PDF version.