Transfer Students

Each transfer applicant must submit the following:

  1. The completed undergraduate admission application (online application preferred)
  1. Official transcripts from every college/university attended.
  2. Official high school transcript if less than 26 hours of college level has been successfully completed with a “C” or better
  3. SAT/ACT scores if out of high school for less than one year (or within one year of when should have graduated if GED recipients)
  4. AP Credit by examination scores, if applicable
  5. A $35 application fee  
  6. Criminal Activity Disclosure statement, if applicable
  7. DD214 and other military transcripts, if veteran (for credit granting purpose only)

Applicants for admission as a transfer student must be in good standing with their previous college(s) and have a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.

Transfer applicants must request and submit official transcripts from ALL regionally accredited colleges/universities attended. IU Northwest accepts electronic transcripts directly from the institution or through secure transcript agencies such as the National Student Clearinghouse. IU credit will not be given at a future date for credit previously earned from a school that is not listed at the time of application.

IU Northwest accepts credit from regionally accredited institutions for college level courses in which the student has received a grade of C or better.  Institutional test credit and courses graded pass/fail or credit/no credit without an associated grade are not transferable. In general, there is no time limit for transferability of credit; however, some departments have established time limitations for transferring specific courses due to their nature. The initial equivalency of credit is processed by the Office of Admissions, based on the Indiana Core Transfer Library, articulation agreements, or previously determined equivalencies by the faculty.  A student has the right to appeal the initial conversion of credit by contacting the department faculty chair and providing additional proof of equivalency, such as syllabus, course content and textbook information.

A list of courses that will transfer among Indiana public college and university campuses can be found at Indiana Core Transfer Library, http:www.transferin.net/CTL.aspx 

Academic Bulletins

PDF Version

Click here for the PDF version.