Bachelor of Science in Education

Polices & Procedures

Correspondence Courses

Undergraduate students in residence carrying regular academic work in the SOE may take academic correspondence work through the Independent Study Division of the School of Continuing Studies only in exceptional cases and with the permission of the director of Education Student Services. If a correspondence course is to apply toward graduation requirements during the same semester, it must be successfully completed at least 15 days prior to the close of regular classes at IU Northwest.

Students will not be given credit toward a teaching license or the Bachelor of Science degree in education for more than 18 credit hours of academic work through correspondence. Of these credit hours, only a maximum of 9 credit hours in a major subject area and 6 credit hours in a minor subject area may be used. Professional education courses may not be taken by correspondence.

Academic Bulletins

PDF Version

Click here for the PDF version.