Student Alumni Association
What is the Student Alumni Association?
The mission of the Student Alumni Association is to foster a culture of student commitment through meaningful experiences and philanthropic efforts with students, alumni and the community. As one of the most active student organizations on campus, SAA provides its members with experiences that enhance their education, and opportunities to meet IU alumni, faculty, staff, and students.
What does SAA do?
- Create experiences which promote school spirit, tradition and interaction among the campus community.
- Build awareness of the importance of philanthropy and the culture of commitment to IU Northwest.
- Cultivate future alumni leadership among current students.
- Represent the University Advancement and External Affairs team (which includes Alumni Relations, Marketing and Communications, Development and Special Events) at signature programs and events.
Some of the major events are:
- Countdown to Commencement
- Philanthropy Week
- Homecoming Week
- Grad Night Celebration
What benefits can you receive from being an SAA Member?
Join SAA and build a connection to IU that will last a lifetime. SAA's $15 member dues include:
- A chance to meet other students and make new friends.
- Network with well-connected and influential alumni and campus leaders.
- Build professional and social contacts.
- Access to participate in special events.
- Ability to develop and enhance leadership skills.
- Monthly membership meetings
- SAA Shirt
- Have fun and share your IU Northwest pride!
- Your opportunity to be a Philanthropist-$5. of every membership fee goes to IU Northwest Alumni Scholarship fund.
Sounds great! How do I join?
All undergraduate level students at IU Northwest are welcomed and invited to participate. To become a member just fellow these simple steps:
- Complete and submit a membership application.
- Interview with the SAA advisor.
- Have at least two semesters left at IU Northwest.
- Maintain good academic standing.
- Attend monthly meetings to get the most out of your membership.
Last year over 60 students joined the Student Alumni Association! Why don't you?!
SAA/Alumni Blood Drive - Thursday, September 14, 9:00am-3:00pm
First SAA Meeting - August 23rd & 24th (Select and attend one)
Arts & Sciences Building Dedication - August 25th, 4:00 ppm
Northwest Indiana Symphony concert-August 25th, 7:00 pm
Meet and Greet - Sept. 9th
Etiquette Dinner - October 4th, 5:30 pm
Philanthropy Week - Oct. 9-12
Homecoming Dance off campus - November 4
Homecoming - November 4
Angel Tree - Carmelite Home
Countdown to Commencement- February 22, 2018 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Grad Night Celebration-May 8, 2018
Commencement-Thursday, May 10, 2018