Jayson Goodman, 21st Century Scholars Support Specialist
Hawthorn Hall, 427
College Scholar Success Program Requirements
In order to receive the full scholarship award, 21st Century Scholars must:
- complete 30 credit hours each academic year
- complete FAFSA by the Indiana Deadline (2021 deadline is April 15).
- meet University academic standards (GPA and completion)
- complete tasks AND enter information into ScholarTrack from the following areas as idenfied by The Indiana Commission for Higher Education
- career services,
- choose a mentor,
- student engagement
For more information or help, please visit the College Completion Requirements site or contact the ScholarCorps Member.
1. How will the Scholarship funds be distributed?
Once accepted and enrolled full-time at an eligible institution, the 21st Century Scholarship will be disbursed directly to the college on behalf of the student. Money will NOT be paid directly to the student.
2. Can I use the Scholarship if I am enrolled in college courses as a part-time student?
No. You must be enrolled as a full-time student.
3. Where can I use my 21st Century Scholars Award?
Your 21st Century Scholars award can be used at an eligible public, private (independent), or proprietary school in Indiana. For a complete list of schools, please visit the Indiana Department of Education.
4. What does the 21st Century Scholars Program cover?
The scholarship covers undergraduate tuition and regularly assessed fees at an approved public institution. The scholarship covers only a portion of the tuition and fees at a private (independent) school. At proprietary schools, the scholarship is the same as if the student were to attend Ivy Tech Community College. For schools which charge by the credit hour, the scholarship covers a maximum of 15 credit hours per term.
The scholarship does NOT cover the cost of books, room and board, parking fees, lab fees or any other fees assessed that are not assessed to ALL students.
5. My award notice from my college shows the 21st Century Scholars Award as paying only a small portion of my tuition. Why?
The 21st Century Scholarship is a supplemental scholarship, meaning it is applied only after all other tuition-specific aid is applied. Moreover, the scholarship has maximum limits set by state law.
6. Can I receive the Scholarship if I transfer or withdraw once I begin college?
Yes. You may transfer or withdraw once you begin college. However, you must file a FAFSA each and every year by the state deadline. Additionally, the 21st Century Scholarship must be used within eight (8) years after the date the student first becomes eligible for the scholarship.