Office of the Registrar
New !!! Electronic Transcript (PDF) delivery
Have your official IU transcript delivered TODAY in PDF format!
An official transcript is a comprehensive record of all courses completed at any of the Indiana University campuses. Any student whose University financial account is clear may obtain a copy of his or her complete academic record (official transcript) from the Office of the Registrar at IU Northwest.
Official transcripts are printed on security paper and are embossed with the Indiana University seal and signature of the Registrar. Transcripts are $8.00 each. To receive a copy of your transcript, all financial obligations to the University must be clear/current. This includes your account with the Bursar (219) 980-6622. If you have any past balance due, there will be a "hold" on your record and we will not be able to issue your transcript. If you think you might have any past debt, please contact the Bursar's Office for clearance before submitting your transcript request. Delivery Options and Fees
|PDF Copy Delivered
(available July 1st)
|Paper Copy Delivered via Mail|
|Number of transcripts you may send to each recipient||1||No limit|
|Cost per transcript||$8||$8|
|Additional Fees||$5 per PDF (electronic delivery)||None|
|Registrar's Office average processing time||Same or 1 business day||Prepared for mailing within 1-2 business days|
|Expected delivery once request has been processed||Within a few hours*||Based on USPS guidelines, first-class mail is expected to be delivered to US addresses within 10 "business" days. There is no way to determine mail delivery time for international mail.|
|* Some records require a one-time validation before the transcript can be produced which could delay the electronic delivery process up to one day.|
|Electronic PDF option is unavailable to students with enrollment prior to Fall 1965; contact the IU Bloomington Registrar's Office.|
Requesting Your IU Transcript
Official transcripts are available from the Office of the Registrar, Hawthorn Hall 109, at a cost of $8.00. You may request a copy of your transcript online, in person, by mail, or by fax.
eTranscript Request (Online)
eTranscript Request is an online request service requiring payment by credit card. Transcripts are $8.00 each. We accept MasterCard / Visa / Discover charge cards.
Recent / Active Students
If you are currently enrolled at IU Northwest (or any Indiana University campus) or have been enrolled within the past 5 years and remember your username and passphrase, you can take advantage of eTranscript Request. Log into OneStart
- Select the Services tab
- Select the Student Self-Service tab on the left
- Under the Services & Information section, locate the eDocs heading
- Click on the Official Transcript Request (Online) link and follow the instructions
If you are a former student (one who has not been enrolled within the past 5 years), you also may take advantage of eTranscript Request:
- Go to: onestart.iu.edu
- Select Public Services in the left side menu
- Under the Public Self-Service heading, locate and click on the Official Transcript Request (Online) link
- Follow the instructions after the Welcome – eTranscript Request Service page is displayed
If you have questions, please call 219-980-6817.
- Print and complete the Transcript Request Form and bring it to the Office of the Registrar in Hawthorn Hall 109. While most transcript requests can be processed while you wait, you should always allow one working day. Please bring a picture ID so we can verify your identity.
- Print, complete, and sign the Transcript Request Form.
- If you are paying by check or money order, make it payable to IU Northwest and write your University ID or last four digits of your SSN in the memo section.
- If you are paying by credit card, print, complete, and sign the Transcript Request Fee Form, noting your method of payment (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover).
- Send the form(s) and payment to:
Office of the Registrar - Transcripts
Indiana University Northwest
Gary, IN 46408-1197
- Print and complete the Transcript Request Form.
- Print and complete the Transcript Request Fee Form, noting your method of payment (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover).
- Sign and date both forms.
- Fax to (219) 981-4200.
- Call (219) 980-6817 to verify that we received your fax.
- Note: we accept faxed requests only—we do not fax transcripts.
Currently enrolled students who simply want an unofficial copy of their transcript may obtain one without charge using OneStart. Be aware that any document produced from OneStart will not typically be accepted for any official transactions such as applications for admission or as proof of a degree. This tool is not available to students who have been out of school for any period of time.
To access your unofficial transcript using OneStart, follow these steps:
- Log into OneStart.
- Click the Student Self-Service tab.
- Click "Go to Student Center"
- Click on "My Academic & Grades"
- Click on "View My Unofficial Transcript"
- On the page that appears, from the drop-down menu next to "Academic Institution:", select the appropriate campus. Next to "Report Type:," select Unofficial/Cur Enrl/All Career. (This will include your current classes in the transcript. Select Unofficial/All Career if you don't want to include your current classes.) Then click Go.
The unofficial transcript is designed to show exactly the same information as your official Indiana University transcript. Term and cumulative IU GPA statistics throughout the transcript are based on university-wide rules (for example, all X grades are honored for exclusion from the GPA, and all coursework and grades are included even if repeated).
At the end of the transcript, you will also see the Student Program GPA summary. These statistics are calculated according to the rules of your current program (e.g., whether X grades are honored for exclusion from the GPA, whether courses may be repeated for credit). Certain courses may be designated with a note indicating the course was repeated or an equivalent course was later completed. Courses with this note are excluded from the Student Program GPA calculation.
Confidentiality of Student Records
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act affords students certain rights with respect to their education records.