Strategic Planning Committee
We the students, faculty, staff and alumni of IU Northwest define a student-centered campus as one that considers all aspects of service delivery, academic support, and learning environment to meet the needs of students. All units must use the student-centered principles in guiding them when making decisions. Decisions are not always made to satisfy each student but are made within the guidelines of these principles. “As a student-centered campus, we commit ourselves to academic excellence characterized by a love of ideas and achievement in learning, discovery, creativity, and engagement.” Becoming student centered involves the way we interact with students. We commit ourselves to these student-centered principles:
- Students are informed how often, and when within the ensuing two years, classes are likely to be offered.
- IU Northwest coordinates advising and scheduling so that full-time students can complete baccalaureate programs in a timely manner. Full-time students without deficiencies shall be able to complete baccalaureate programs within four years.
- IU Northwest offers lower division courses at times convenient for both day and evening full-time and part-time students. Upper division courses shall be offered at a time convenient for both day and evening full-time and part-time students whenever practical.
- Students, faculty, administrators, and staff are guided by and exhibit ethical behavior and treat each other with respect, promoting a sense of pride, enjoyment, and dignity.
- To the extent possible constituencies of the IU Northwest community are informed in a timely manner when decisions are made that significantly affect them.
- Faculty, advisors, counselors and front line staff are knowledgeable, available, competent, and show personal concern for students.
- IU Northwest is committed to student safety, privacy, easy accessibility, well-being, maximum student achievement, and student success through both academic and administrative support services.
- A wide variety of opportunities for involvement in campus life and enrichment activities is valued, available, widely communicated and easily accessible for all students.