Strategic Planning Committee
Meeting August 23, 2006
September 1, 2006
Dear Campus Community,
The Strategic Planning Team (SPT) held a four hour meeting on campus on August 23, 2006. The members of the Strategic Planning Team who attended are listed at the bottom of this memo.
The team came together for the purpose of
- Discussing and reaching a shared understanding of where we are in the implementation of the General Education initiative.
- Discussing and reaching a shared understanding of the process for submission of the Health and Human Services proposal to President Herbert.
- Discussing and reaching a shared understanding of the preparation needed for the campus AQIP Quality Checkup.
- Identification of a team to carry out a SWOT analysis in light of our work priorities and President Herbert’s initiatives. SWOT is an acronym for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.
- Sharing the meeting schedule for 2006 and 2007.
As I reported to you in June one of the team’s communication goals was to improve the Strategic Planning Team website. Kathy Horvath and I have been working on this project over the summer and I am happy to say that we have a new site up and running. It is a work in progress and will likely grow and change in the coming year. The team hopes that you will find this site easier to navigate and use.
We also want to thank Carolyn Hartley, Director of Human Resources, who was the presenter at a brown bag in August. She discussed the topic of Human Capital Planning. Approximately 15 faculty and staff attended. Our next brown bag will be on the topic of AQIP. Here are the details:
Presenters: Robin Hass Birky, Interim Associate Vice Chancellor and
Linda Delunas, Associate Professor and Faculty Assistant to the Chancellor.
Date: Monday, September 18, 2006
Time: 11:30 AM -12:30 PM
Location: Café, 1st floor Library
The following team members attended the August 23, 2006 meeting: Kwesi Aggrey, Bruce Bergland, George Bodmer, Ken Coopwood, Linda Delunas, Audrea Davis, Robin Hass Birky, Dave Klamen, Kathryn Lantz, Patti Lundberg, Surekha Rao, Margaret Skurka, Linda Templeton, Denise Travis, Marilyn Vasquez, Stan Wigle and Patti Woosley. Mary Ellen McCann facilitated and Kathy Malone provided support.
In closing, I ask that you contact any of the team members above if you have questions or would like to participate in some way with the Strategic Planning process. The next meeting of the Strategic Planning Team will be the fall retreat which is scheduled to be held November 13 through November 15, 2006.