Strategic Planning Committee
November 2004 Retreat
Roles and Accountabilities of Outcome Chairs and Support Structures
Roles and Accountabilities of Chairs:
- Accountable for ensuring that outcomes are achieved on time.
- Accountable for leading in a way that ensures engagement of the campus.
- Chair shall be a member of Strategic Planning Team. (Added at Fall 2004 Retreat.)
- Develop and publish (web) a project plan which includes the process steps, dates, and accountabilities for respective outcome.
- Work with office of Marketing and Communication to ensure regular communication of status and progress of the outcome.
- Ensure coordination of different activities within each outcome in ways that 2005 and 2010 are aligned and that the whole strategic plan hangs together and people know how to contribute.
- By January 31, 2005, all committees will have met and identified action steps and all process documents for all outcomes will be submitted to Dr. Jeff Lorber to be placed on the web.
- Work with Vice Chancellors to ensure a diverse committee.
- Attend monthly chairs update meetings with the Chancellor.
Support for Strategic Planning Chairs:
- Secretarial/administrative support will be provided as needed to help in such areas as scheduling, typing, copying, note taking, sending e-mails, making phone calls, etc.
- Chairs for 2005 Outcomes will be compensated for their role ( January 1, 2005-December 31, 2005).
Role for Chancellor Bergland:
- Chancellor Bergland shall meet collectively with chairs one time per month (on a Wednesday) for 1-2 hours to review progress and address issues such as engagement of the campus, overall communication, etc.
- Chancellor Bergland shall provide encouragement (parties and other fun stuff) to individual chairs.
Process on the Budget:
If there is a budget decision to be made, chair should go directly to Vice Chancellor Marilyn Vasquez. You can contact Vice Chancellor Vasquez for budget requests at 980-6967 or by e-mail at [[mvasquez]] . If there is a need to connect to the committee, she will bring the budget request back to the committee for discussion.
November 17, 2004