Strategic Planning Committee
2005 Service Philosophy - Student Services Administration
Student Service Administration is committed to serving students and meeting their academic, social, personal, and cultural needs. We provide support services that facilitates in student retention and persistence to graduation. We advocate for a climate in which knowledge and acceptance of a diverse world is understood, embraced, and celebrated. We will:
- Assist in creating a climate conducive to learning and success
We believe that students can learn if the environment is conducive to learning and will make every effort to help create such an environment.
- Assist in creating a climate that values the principles of diversity
We believe that diversity makes a strong positive contribution to the intellectual development of college and university students.
- Be available to students
We keep office hours at convenient times for students. Minimum office hours :
- Monday / Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday / Wednesday / Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m
Recreation & Fitness is opened from
- Monday to Thursday, 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Friday, 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday / Sunday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Enrich the educational experience through extra-curricula experiences
A wide variety of opportunities for involvement in campus life and enrichment activities is valued, available, widely communicated and easily accessible for all students.
- Be knowledgeable about our respective areas
Each unit must be knowledgeable of relevant government and association policies and regulations related to their respective areas
- Serve as student advocates
We will advocate for students and serve as a liaison between students and the faculty and administration.
- Offer educational and cultural opportunities
We offer educational and cultural opportunities to students to enhance their development in lifelong learning, ethical practices, developing successful careers, and becoming effective citizens.
- Help students to understand policies that impact their matriculation
We assist student in understanding policies that are relevant to them.
- Offer appropriate referrals, when necessary
When assisting students, we are prepared to offer appropriate referrals that will be helpful.