A Resolution Supporting a Program for Preventing
Sexual Harassment at Indiana University Northwest
The Faculty of Indiana University Northwest reaffirms the policy of Indiana University on sexual harassment and, in doing so, emphasizes
- That any occurrence of sexual harassment at the University is unacceptable. Sexual harassment creates an environment in which student learning is made more difficult and in which the working relationships between faculty, staff, and students are damaged;
- That charges of sexual harassment can result in damage to an individual's career;
- That prevention of sexual harassment and protection of the rights of individuals both require that all employees of Indiana University Northwest understand the issues surrounding sexual harassment in the workplace and have a thorough understanding of their rights and responsibilities with respect to helping prevent sexual harassment in the workplace; and
- That achieving the objective of understanding sexual harassment in the workplace requires an active and on-going training and educational effort by the University that involves all the employees of Indiana University Northwest.
Therefore, the Faculty Organization of Indiana University Northwest is resolved that
Academics & Research | Supporting Offices | People
- A. The University should develop, as soon as is practicable, a comprehensive program of training and education for all Indiana University Northwest employees, with such training to be delivered on a regular and on-going basis to new and continuing employees. Such a training program should equip Indiana University Northwest employees with information concerning what sexual harassment in the workplace is, and what the rights and responsibilities of University employees with respect to incidents of or charges of sexual harassment are.
- B. Participation in such training and educational programs is a professional responsibility of all employees of Indiana University Northwest, and is a particular professional responsibility of the Faculty. Therefore, participation by all Faculty in such training and educational programs is strongly endorsed and encouraged by the Faculty Organization.
3400 Broadway - Gary, Indiana 46408