FACULTY ORGANIZATION AGENDA
VIII. Resolution on Faculty Representation on the Strategic Planning Team--endorsed by the Faculty Organization Executive Committee
Given the significance of the faculty voice in planning the future of the university,
Be it resolved that faculty nominated representation on the Strategic Planning Team be increased from 3 to 6.
IX. Reconsideraton of the five resolutions tabled from the September Faculty Organization meeting:
1. Dissolution of the Center for Regional Excellence, unless the center can generate its own revenue to pay for personnel costs for at least a two year period, beginning July 1, 2008. Such a determination will be made by a committee appointed jointly by the Faculty Organization and the VCAA
2. Dissolution of the Institute for Innovative Leadership, unless the center can generate its own revenue to pay for personnel costs for at least a two year period, beginning July 1, 2008. Such a determination will be made by a committee appointed jointly by the Faculty Organization and the VCAA
3. Reduction in costs associated with the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, by eliminating all salaried staff and reducing the Director position to a part time teaching position
4. No additional cost for the College of Health and Human Services be incurred, i.e., administrative restructuring of the divisions incorporated into CHHS can be the only way to fund the administrative structure of the CHHS
5. Summer teaching stipends shall not exceed $ 7000 per course. This amount will be indexed annually to the average faculty raise awarded in the prior academic year.
X. New business
XI. Old business
Return to Faculty Org Main Page
3400 Broadway - Gary, Indiana 46408