Present: Bosman, Coffin, Hass, Hoftiezer, Hug, Ige, LaReau, Lindmark, Lovely, Nardi, Rooda, Rusinek, Strupeck, Tolhuizen, Vinodogopal .
Executive Committee Minutes
February 13, 1998
- Distributed Education Document. The document was discussed at UFC. No action was taken.
- Campus Planning and Facilities Committee. Tim Stabler has assumed the position of Chair.
- Marketing Committee. The Executive Committee has requested minutes of the Marketing Committees meetings.
- Grant Committee. The Committee has met and forwarded recommendations to the Vice Chancellor.
- Strategic Directions Report. Comments may directed to John Kroepfl by March 17th.
- Post Tenure Review. IUN's Faculty Affairs Committee has reviewed the IUPUI document and prepared a preliminary response to be presented to the Faculty Organization.
- Internal Review/Self Assessment. At President Brand's direction, an internal review/self assessment committee is to be formed and prepare a report by May 1st. This is to be a faculty process. The Executive Committee agreed to the following committee composition: five representatives from Arts and Sciences, and one representative each from Allied Health, Business, Education, Library, Nursing, and SPEA. Two student representatives, one from the Professional Staff Council and one from the bi-weekly staff. All representatives will be selected by their peers. The following criteria is recommended:
- Full time faculty, staff, professional staff, or lecturers
- Must be available to work through this semester and into the Summer and Fall
- Representatives should be unencumbered by major administrative responsibilities
- Appointments by Deans are not recommended
- The Committee shall select its chair, preferably a tenured faculty member
- February 20th 10:00 a.m. deadline for responding to the Executive Committee
Submitted by: Ellen Bosman, Secretary
3400 Broadway - Gary, Indiana 46408