Indiana University Northwest will be hosting its 30th annual Seminar Day for over 200 area high school juniors and seniors on Friday, April 7. Registration is from 8:00 – 8:45 a.m. Seminar sessions begin at 9:00 a.m. and continue until noon, followed by lunch from 12:00 – 12:30 p.m.
An additional feature of Seminar Day will be an open house held from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m., with information tables on specific academic areas in the Savannah Center Lobby. During the open house students can tour the campus, talk with professors, explore academic programs, talk with admissions and financial aid professionals, and learn about student activities and athletics.
IU Northwest’s Seminar Day has over 20 presentations to choose from. Students will attend three one-hour sessions of their choice. Some topics include:
- Actuaries-Highest Paid Mathematicians
- Being Successful with a Business Career
- Careers in Corrections
- Careers in Health Professions
- Careers in Radiology
- Careers in the Biological Sciences
- Controversies in Science: Stem Cells, Evolution, Genetically-Engineered
Food, Gene Therapy and Cloning
- Dental Informatics: The Future of Dentistry
- Diagnostic Detectives - Is a Career in Medical Laboratory Sciences for
- Flying Indoor Planes and Aerodynamics
- Forensic Anthropology
- Fry Now and Pay Later
- Interactions Between Olfaction and Memory
- Major in Success
- Make a Difference — Be a Nurse
- Multiple Intelligences
- Privacy, Health Information Data and You
- Show Me the Money in Health Care Careers
- Student Teaching and Field Coursework - What to Expect at Indiana University
- Ultrasound – More Than Just Babies!
- Understanding and Being Sensitive to Difference
- War, Imperialism and Propaganda in the Ancient World
- Why Teach in an Urban School?
Advance registration is required. Students can pick up registration forms in the Office of Admissions, Hawthorn Hall 100, or advance register by calling (219) 980-6991 or 1-888-YOUR IUN or register and view detailed presentations descriptions online at https://www.iun.edu/~admit/seminar. A summary of presentations and registration information can also be obtained from area high school guidance counselors.