IUN hosts Environmental Justice and Human Rights Conference
Indiana University Northwest will host the Sixth Annual Environmental Justice and Human Rights Conference Saturday, April 17 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Raintree Hall Auditorium.
Keynote Speaker Marie Harrison, from San Francisco, will speak about how her community worked for and is using the precautionary principle to prevent and reduce environmental pollution and hazardous waste.
Other speakers include:
• Earl R. Jones, Ph.D. African American Studies, Department of Minority Studies, IU Northwest
• Bryan Bullock, Esq. Gary Branch, NAACP
• Betty Balanoff, Coalition For A Clean Environment, Hammond
• Raoul Contreras, Ph.D. Latino Studies, Department of Minority Studies, IU Northwest
• Carolyn Jordon, Gary, Northwest Indiana Environmental Justice Partnership
• Carolyn D. Rogers, Council Member and President Common Council, Gary
• Thomas W. Stephens, Esq. Guild Law Center For Economic and Social Justice
This event is sponsored by the Northwest Indiana Environmental Justice Partnership and the Calumet Project in conjunction with the Department of Minority Studies, ALMA and the IU Northwest Black Student Union. For more information, contact Earl R. Jones at 980-6704.