Experience the technological advances at IU Northwest at Making IT Happen 2003, a daylong fair on March 27 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the Savannah Center.
The event will feature new product demonstrations, highlight services and provide information from our corporate partners. Technical support staff will be available to answer all questions.
The following seminars will be held in the Savannah Center, rooms 203-204:
• 10 a.m. - New e-mail for faculty and staff, presented by Carol Wood, director of technical services.
• 10:30 a.m. - Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning, presented by Charlotte Reed, associate professor in education and director of CETL.
• 11 a.m. - Oncourse, presented by Judy Knapp, associate professor in computer information systems.
• 11:30 a.m. - Oncourse Next Generation, presented by Jay Fern, Oncourse Coordinator.
• 1 p.m. - Using Technology to teach education, presented by Janice Grskovic, assistant professor in education.
• 1:30 p.m. - New features in Office XP, presented by Jackie Coven, training coordinator in information technology.
• 2 p.m. - Exchange, presented by Mark Uncapher, director of microcomputer support.
• 2:30 p.m. - PowerPoint - Short Course, presented by Jackie Coven, training coordinator in information technology.
• 4 p.m. - Announcement of Student Technology Fee grant awards, presented by Donald Steward, vice chancellor for information technology.
Making IT Happen is sponsored by University Information Technology Services, Apple, Careers Insite, Cingular, Dell, Gateway, HP, Macromedia, Microsoft and Verizon. For more information, please contact (219) 980-6706.