In 2002, the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) at IU Northwest was established to encourage and support teacher scholarships through collaboration among the Office of Academic Affairs, the Faculty Organization's Faculty Development Committee and Faculty Colloquium on Excellence in Teaching (FACET) members.
The CETL focuses on improving teaching and learning campus-wide through a number of activities including but not limited to:
* Initiating faculty development programs, including workshops, seminars, and conferences
* Designing and implementing new faculty orientation
* Developing and maintaining a web-site
* Establishing a collaborative relationship with similar centers across the nation and particularly those within Indiana University and Northwest Indiana
* Disseminating information on effective teaching
* Encouraging and facilitating various forms of teaching scholarships and having those forms recognized in the tenure and promotion process
* Assisting in the development of teaching portfolios
* Pursuing resources to support teaching scholarships
* Developing professional development activities for Adjuncts
On Wednesday, April 17, CETL is hosting an Open House from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Library Conference Center on campus. The event is free and open to the community.
For more information, contact the Director of CETL, Dr. Charlotte Reed, at (219) 980-6755 or firstname.lastname@example.org.