|A Potpourri of Classes for Adults|
A variety of adult education classes will begin at IndianaUniversity Northwest during the week of March 19.
For more information on the Adult Education courses or to obtain a brochure, telephone the IU NorthwestDivision of Continuing Studiesat 219-980-6806 or 800-437-5409, ext. 6806 or email email@example.com.Graduation from high school, college or admission to college is not required.
- Voice-Overs and Income will be March 21 from 7 to 9 p.m. The class will explorerecording voice-overs for commercials, films, books and videos. Studentswill record a simulated commercial. The cost is $35.
- Writing Grant Proposals will on Tuesdays, March 21 through April 11 from7 to 9:30 p.m. The course will include research, funding sources, developmentand proposal types. The cost is $89.
- Developing a Child Care Program will be on Tuesdays, March 21 through May9 from 7 to 9:30 p.m. Students will explore children’s physical, intellectual,social and emotional development, as well as problem solving, educationthrough play, creativity, adult-child interaction, development of socializationskills and professionalism. Establishing relationships with parents, managingprogram operations and model childcare centers will also be discussed.The cost is $235 and includes a book.
- Unit Secretary will be on Tuesdays, March 21 through May 9 from 7 to9 p.m. Students will study internal systems, legal aspects of charting,departmental relationships, effective communications and the role of hospitalunit secretaries in medical emergencies. The cost is $169 and includesa book
- Divorce:Know Your Rights will be on Wednesdays, March 22 through April5 from 6 to 8 p.m.. Individuals will learn the structure of family law,how to initiate or respond to a divorce lawsuit, rights and obligations.The cost is $45.
- Clothes Closet Blues will be on Wednesdays, March 22 through April 12 from7 to 9 p.m. The class will help individuals create a new image withouta lot of expense through cleaning out closets, using accessories, and learningthe secrets of style for different figures. The cost is $35.
- Creating a Soul Mate will be on Wednesday, March 22 and 29, from 7 to 9p.m. Students will explore a process aimed at fulfilling their highestpotential and passion for living. The cost is 435.
- Landscape 2000 will be on Wednesdays, March 22 through April 12 from 7 to9:30 p.m. A professional landscape designer will help students from theinitial planning phases to modern design techniques and innovative plantselections. The cost in $69.
- Payroll Records and Procedures will be on Thursdays, March 23 through May11 from 7 to 9 p.m. Individuals will learn about overtime pay, FICA taxes,state and federal tax reports, and how to keep accurate records. The costis $169 and includes a book.
- Seniors– Windows 98 will be on Friday March 24 and 31 from 9 a.m. to noon.Designed for senior citizens, the class will be the same as regular computerclasses, but will vary in pace, teaching style and format. The cost is$49.
- MicrosoftWord I will be Saturday, March 25 from 9 to 4 p.m. Individualswill learn the core functions of the word processing program such as creatingletters and reports, formatting text, copying and pasting, printing filesand exploring capabilities. The cost is $99 and includes a book.
- Quark Express(for Macintosh computers) will be Saturday March 25 and April 1 from 8:30a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Students will use text and picture boxes as buildingblocks for layout and graphic design. The cost is $159.