Acquisition of Library Materials Schedule
- Begin preparing materials budget based on course and credit hour information from the registars office. Generate periodicals cost analysis.
- Begin ordering, encumbering up to 25% of the previous year's deparmental budgets.
- Complete budget.
Begin ordering new journal subscriptions.
- Submit library materials budget to Library Committee and then to Faculty Organization.
Notify departmental liasons of their funds.
- October 1st: Deadline for departments to request lists of previous year's purchases and subscriptions.
- Goal: Encumber 40% of the budget by November 15.
- Goal: Encumber 75% of the budget by December 15.
- Goal: Encumber 90% of the budget by January 15.
Latest date to reliably order new journal subscriptions to be charged against current budget.
- Goal: Encumber 100% of the budget by February 15.
- Goal: Encumber 110% of the budget by March 15.
- Continue working on non-state funds. Evaluate and cancel subscriptions as needed.