Call for PapersThe 4th IEEE Conference on Big Data Analysis (ICDBA2019, Suzhou China. March 15-18, 2019) is co-organized by IEEE and Research Institute of Big Data Analytics at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University. ICBDA 2019 provides a leading forum for disseminating the latest research in Big Data Research, Development and Application.
Submission deadline: October 25, 2018.
I joined Indiana University Northwest in 2009. Currently I am an associate professor of Computer Information Systems. I received a M.S. in Electrical Engineering. I hold a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from the University of Kentucky.
Teaching interests:computer information systems and technology, computer science, informatics, data science
Research interests:data and computational issues arising from information systems including information management, data mining and data science, data privacy, social media analysis and applied mathematics.
Hobbies:photography, casual fashion portrait, artisan-bread baking
- Excellent oral presentation at the IEEE 3rd Conference on Big Data Analysis (ICDBA2018). 2018
- Indiana University Trustees' Teaching Award, 2017
- Indiana University Trustees' Teaching Award. 2014
- Indiana University Northwest Research Support Grant (Co-PI: Axel Schulze-Halberg) $7,000. 2014-2015
- Indiana University Northwest Faculty Grant-in-Aid for Research, $1,700. 2014
- Research seed support from the NVIDIA Corporation as an unrestricted gift (approx. $3500). 2013
- Indiana University Northwest Faculty Grant-in-Aid for Research, $800. 2013
- Indiana University Northwest Regional Research Grant-Project Initiation Grant $4,000. 2012-2013
- Indiana University Summer Faculty Fellowship for Research. $11,000. 2012 and 2013.
- Richard E. Rosenthal Young Researcher, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences. 2011
- Online Course Development Grant $4,000. CISTL, Indiana University Northwest. 2011
- Indiana University Northwest Faculty Grant-in-Aid for Research. $1,500. 2011 and 2012
- Indiana University Summer Faculty Fellowship for Research. $10,000. 2010 and 2011
- Finalist of the competitive postdoctoral position for Computation & Informatics in Biology and Medicine at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, with support from the Morgridge Institute for Research. 2009
- Full travel support from 3nd International Summer School on Logic Programming and Computational Logic in Las Cruces, New Mexico. 2008
- Thaddeus B. Curtz Memorial Scholarship Award (the best graduate student of the year). College of Engineering, University of Kentucky. 2008
- Kentucky Opportunity Fellowship, 2007-2008
- Full travel support from Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory for the 8th DOE Advanced Computational Software (ACTS) Collection Workshop: Gearing up Scientific Applications for the Petascale Computing Era. Berkeley, CA. 2007.
- Student travel support from Graduate School Fellowship of University of Kentucky. 2005, 2006 and 2007.
- University of Kentucky Commonwealth Research Award. 2007
My current course diagram
The courses I have taught at Indiana University NorthwestColor legends: Sentiment Polarity
Student Research & Presentations
Sentimental analysis of online textual reviews. Undergraduate Thesis. Fall 2015.
Creating a tailored hotel guest experience by using decision tree learning. The 2015 COAS Undergraduate Research Conference, April 2015.
317 pages. ISBN:978-0998273808. October 2016
- Professional service:
- Publicity Chair, the 4th IEEE Conference on Big Data Analysis (ICDBA), Suzhou, China. March 15-18, 2019
- Student Advising:
- IU Degree Map Search
- IU Course Search
- Academic Calendar
- IU Northwest Academic Bulletin 2016-2018
- Program Information [ Application ]
- General Education Requirements: Groups I,II,III,IV and IW Matrix | Course Finder
- Program Requirements Related Links: Internship Requirement | Graduation Application (Senior Review)
- Credit Transfer: FAQ | Credit Transfer Service
- Apply for Financial Aid
- SAP Appeal (Satisfactory Academic Progress)
- Other Links: Student Toolbox Page
- University Policies: list | ACA-33 | ACA-72
R, Python, SQL, Weka, RapidMiner, Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
Windows, Linux, MacOS
Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver