IU Northwest Student Club Website Policy
Student Life Responsibilities
IU Northwest Student Life will provide and manage an application process for approved student clubs to request a web page. Information on the application form will include:
- Name of Club
- Contact information
- Student contact (president or other appropriate person)
- Advisor contact
- Officers or Board membership (if applicable)
- Mission statement or Statement of Purpose of Club
- Club meeting location and time (if applicable)
Student Life will send a list of club web pages to the Web Services team that are to be renewed each year by September 25.
Web content will be the joint responsibility of the club’s officers, the faculty/staff advisor, and a staff representative from Student Life.
Student Life will designate a staff representative for primary technical and content support of club web pages. All support and content questions will be addressed by this Student Life representative. The NW Web Services team may provide further help to the Student Life support representative as time permits.
Web Services Team Responsibilities
The Web Service team will provide a standard template for a student club web page. The template will allow for the following information to be displayed:
- Name of Club
- Officers or Board membership if applicable
- Mission statement – Purpose of Club
- Advisor and other Contact information
- Meeting location and time
- Standard notification of upcoming special events limited to text description and PDF attachement.
The template will provide for a workflow approval process. Approvals will be handled by Student Life.
The Web Services team will provide initial training for the Student Life technical support representative. The Web Services team will provide ongoing technical support for this representative as time permits.
The Web Services team will delete all club web pages for which there is no renewal request received from Student Life by September 30. A notification will be sent to the Student Life club web page support representative of the web pages that were deleted.