For Laptop Computers with Mac OS X
Step 1 for all wireless connections on campus is to install IU Secure.
Note: You will not be able to complete these directions unless your Mac OS X account name is the same as your IU Network ID username. For details, see At IUB or IUPUI, using Mac OS X, how do I print from my personal computer to an RTC or STC printer?
Getting and Installing IU Printer Finder
- Go to: http://iuware.iu.edu
- Select the Mac button above the Software list on the left.
- In the Software categories list, select Network & Printing.
- Select IU Printer Finder. Compatible with Mac OS X Leopard (10.5), Snow Leopard (10.6) or Lion (10.7), and Mountain Lion (10.8).
- Click the Login for access button and login using your university username & passphrase.
- To download, click IUPrinterFinder.zip - 0.1 MB.
- A warning message appears saying your local username (name of your computer) must match your IU username. See Note at top of these directions. If you are sure they match, click Open.
Setting up the Library Printers
- Open the IU Printer Finder file you downloaded.
- From the pull-down menus, select:
- Campus - Northwest
- Building - Hawthorn Hall Lobby
- Printers - NW-Hawthorn-Lobby-P1. After you select it, information about the printer will show in the "Printer Description" box.
- Click Add Printer. (It will be added to your list of available printers in the Print & Scan System Preference pane. See Step 5.)
- Repeat for each of the Library printers selecting Library for the Building and then NW-Library-Commons-P1, NW-Library-Commons-P6 (2nd Floor), and NW-Library-Commons-P7 (3rd Floor).
- In most cases, the utility will automatically set the correct driver (PPD); however, if you need to specify the driver manually or otherwise adjust the driver's settings:
- From the Apple menu, select System Preferences.
- In the Hardware section, select the Print & Scan icon.
- Select one of the printers you added, and then click Options & Supplies.
- Click the Driver tab.
- For the Hawthorn Lobby printer, you should see "Generic Postscript Printer." Click the checkbox for "Duplex Printing Unit" and then OK.
- For the Library printers, you should see "HP Laserject P4010 Series." Click the checkbox for "Duplex Unit" and then OK.
- The printers will now be available when you use RedHawk Print.
Printing from your laptop using RedHawk Print
- Navigate to http://bit.ly/redhawkprint.
- Login to RedHawk Print with your IU username and Passphrase.
- Review your charges.
- Click the checkbox in front of the document(s) you would like to print.
- Click Pay and Print and pick up your print job.
- Cancel any unnecessary remaining print jobs.