UITS-NW Telecommunications and Networking is a local campus resource providing voice and data services in partnership with central University Information Technology Services (UITS) and leading technology suppliers.
Voice and data service requests such as adds, moves, changes, repairs, and consulting should be directed to the UITS-NW Support Center as above.
UniCom at IU Northwest
UniCom is Indiana University's term for unified communications, a service that brings voice, video, and data together in a unified desktop communication system, providing instant messaging (IM), telephony, email, desktop sharing, and audio/video conferencing.
UniCom is built using the lastest version of Microsoft's Lync and Polycom CX 600 phones in most office environments. IU Northwest migrated to UniCom during the first half of 2012.
The NEW phone number for Voice Mail at IU Northwest is (219) 980-7271. When the system asks you to enter your "extension", enter all 10-digits of your office phone: 219-980-XXXX or 219-981-XXXX followed by the # sign.
From your on-campus phone, to call:
- another campus extension, dial the 4-digit extension.
- another campus, dial the 10-digit number, e.g., 812-XXX_XXXX. Do not dial 1 or 9 before the number.
- any off-campus local number, dial the full 10-digit number, e.g., 219-XXX_XXXX. Do not dial 9 before the number. No authorization code is needed.
- any off-campus long distance number, dial the 10-digit number including the area code. When you hear a second dial tone, enter your authorization code. Do not dial 1 or 9 before the number.
- an international number, dial 011 plus the international country code, then the number. Do not dial 1 or 9 before starting. When you hear a second dial tone, enter your authorization code.
UniCom Self-Help Resources for Windows
- UniCom Enterprise Voice Guide
- Lync Guide for Windows
- Polycom CX600 Desktop Phone Video How To
- Polycom CX500 CX600 CX3000 User Guide for IUN
- UniCom IU Knowledge Base articles
- Polycom CX600 Device Training by Microsoft
- Microsoft Lync How To Videos
- Lync Instant Messaging & Presence Quick Ref Card
- Lync Sharing and Collaboration Quick Ref Card
- Lync 2010 Voice & Video Quick Ref Card
Unicom Self-Help Resources for Mac
- Communicating Using Lync for Mac
- Lync Guide for Mac
- Microsoft's Mac Lync Page
- Lync Windows & Mac Feature Comparison
- Communicate by using Instant Messages, Audio or Video Calls
- Transfer or receive a file using IM
- Add, delete, or block a contact from Lync (1m:46s)
- Keyboard shortcuts for Lync
- Schedule and Run Online Meetings Using Lync for Mac