Internet Connections at IU Northwest
Wireless access is available across the entire IU Northwest campus.
Some facts you need to know:
- The wireless network for students, faculty, staff, and affiliates is called IU Secure.
- IU provides AT&T wireless service to visitors free of charge on the IU Northwest campus.
- University-owned equipment serviced by UITS Northwest comes with wireless access already configured.
- To configure personally-owned mobile devices for IU Secure, you must be on campus. It cannot be done from home.
- You may setup wireless access yourself by using the information and links below.
- If you prefer assistance, due to the great variety of mobile devices and operating systems, we can help you faster if you can visit us in Hawthorn 108.
- What is IU Secure?
- Self-help directions to establish IU Secure wireless connectivity at IU Northwest for Windows laptops.
- Self-help directions to establish IU Secure wireless connectivity at IU Northwest for Mac laptops.
- Self-help directions to establish IU Secure wireless connectivity at IU Northwest for other mobile devices.
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
A virtual private network (VPN) allows faculty and staff to temporarily create or join a private network, such as IU Secure, across an existing public network by creating an encrypted (safe) tunnel between them. The tunnel allows you to transfer information securely and to access remote resources (access your network files from home).