STC Consultant Job Description
Each Student Technology Center has a Consultant who is responsible for the equipment and for maintaining the policies. Consultants are available to answer questions about the use and operation of the equipment and software, but they are not substitutes for the faculty.
Student Technology Consultants are vital to the IU Northwest community. The following description provides a brief overview of the responsibilities and skills expected from the Student Technology Consultant. (*Note: Student Technology Consultants may be asked to perform job related duties beyond those that are outlined here.)
|Title:||Student Technology Consultant|
|Reports to:||Student Technology Centers Manager|
|Pay Rate:||$7.25 per hour|
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide helpful and courteous assistance to students, faculty, and fellow consultants.
- To maintain a pleasant environment that promotes learning. (This involves cleaning the assigned areas during your shift, maintaining a quiet atmosphere that allows research and study, etc.)
- To enforce lab policies.
- To obtain information from the IU Northwest community regarding their computing needs and addressing those needs when possible.
- To assist full-time staff with departmental projects and assignments.
- To continually improve his/her consulting ability.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong computer background in Windows and Mac environments.
- Experience in the following:
- Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Internet capabilities
- Other campus related software
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Customer Service - positive and friendly attitude.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to take and follow instructions.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs. as needed.