Daily Work Procedures
- Phone: Answer the Tech Phone politely with your name and department (Hello, this is “Phil Schwartz” from IMS, how may I help you?)
- Support Center: When you first start to work at IMS, check-in with the Support Center, introduce yourself and ask for a tour of their facility. Always interact with them in a professional and courteous manner.
- If you are not delivering equipment or providing on-site support and repairs, stay in the IMS Equipment Repair work area and wait for a support call or your next appointment.
- Attendance: If you are unable to work your scheduled time, call Rob Seals or Aaron Pigors at least 60 minutes in advance for emergencies; planned absences will be accommodated with schedule changes.
- Check FootPrints tickets for media duplication/conversion requests. Pickup new requests or deliver media (check out box) to help desk as needed.
Start of workday
- Login to Times, selecting the correct IMS account
- Check the delivery board and your on-line IMS shared Outlook calendar for deliveries and video conferences. If schedule is not posted, go to IMS webpage>IMS Employee Resources>Equipment Schedule>View Campus Schedules>Single Day then “Create Schedule”. Print schedule and post on board.
- Obtain the “call phone”
- Initial the deliveries and pickups of the day.
- Ask for assistance if you are unable to support deliveries or other activities.
End of workday
- Send a brief email to Rob Seals email@example.com outlining your activities for the day.
- Communicate future deliveries, pickups and equipment issues
- Tell your relief technician that you are leaving.
- Pass on the Tech Phone and all keys
- Contact Rob Seals if your relief tech does not show up
- If you are the final shift, empty the waste baskets, store or dispose of all food, and on Fridays, vacuum the office
- Logoff the Times system, noting any workday variances (missed lunch, unable to login at start of workday etc.).
- No schedule changes without Supervisor consent.
Cart delivery and setup
- Deliver 30 minutes prior to event start.
- Test all functions before leaving, login and confirm proper operation
- Provide instruction on proper equipment use if requested.
- Wire routing is to be setup to avoid tripping hazards. Use of wire covers and or tape is appropriate.
- Network testing must be performed to confirm proper operation, logout when finished
- VCR/DVD operation confirmation
- Never use your login name and password to allow anyone to use the IU system
- Lockup the storage room after access.
- Address all people you interact with in a professional and courteous manner.
Cart pickup and storage
- Remove tape from cords and store wire covering.
- Collect and coil “all cables” and peripheral equipment.
- Visually inspect and assess the condition of all returned equipment. If you suspect damage or theft, email Rob Seals and Mike Jelski.
- Lock up all equipment in the storage location when an event or activity is over and the materials and equipment are returned and stored in their proper storage locations.
- Review the Classroom Technology video available on the IMS webpage.
- When troubleshooting classroom issues, always confirm that the lectern is plugged in and that power is turned on.
- Sign-out the lectern laptop on the sign-out sheet located on the inside of the door for locker #5
- When deploying the laptop to a Tech Classroom, remember to transport it with the power supply and mouse in the case located in the locker.
- Preventative Maintenance scheduled assignments are to be completed using the Preventative Maintenance checklist.
- Check the schedule frequently
- Ensure that the room is open and the equipment is turned on at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the video conference.
- The setup for special events will usually require the use of microphone systems, amplifier(s) and other sophisticated equipment. Contact Rob Seals for additional information.
- Empty garbage cans
- Vacuum floors (Vacuum in janitor’s room between restrooms. Use pig key to open door)
- Empty refrigerator
New Employee Orientation Topics
- Outlook Calendar and Email
- Classroom Technology
- IMS Videos
- Schedule (Delivery, work, video conference)
- Storage Locations
- Campus Locations
- Special Events
- Swipe card
- The Times System
- NW ID (if appropriate)
- Room Access
- Event Scheduler
- Mentor Programs
- Review of IMS Training Sheets
- Contact List
- IMS Certificate