The Office of Special Events is here to guide you through the process of hosting a campus event. Once you have an authorized budget and date in mind, please contact our office for direction on planning a quality event.
Please view our guidelines and polices for efficient arrangements for your campus event. It will be best if the guidelines and polices are followed. It is suggested that you allow at least 1 month before your event to complete the steps. Thank you for you cooperation.
To secure a space, please use the on-line Event Scheduler program located in the Events section under Administration on the IU Northwest website. Remember to include ALL the rooms you will need. You will receive an email for your confirmed reservation.
Below are guidelines for efficient arrangements for your campus event. It will be best if guidelines are followed. Thank you for your cooperation. It is suggested that you allow at least one (1) month before your event date to complete the following steps.
On-line room reservations: Event Scheduler Facility Request
- Enter all pertinent information in the Scheduler including fax numbers, account numbers if requesting catering, description of event and room arrangements.
- Be specific on CALENDAR hours. (Actual event start and end times)
- Provide set-up details. (if uncertain of room arrangements, please contact Special Events)
- Note: Do not proceed with event arrangements until your room request has been approved.
Catering orders go through the office of special events. They must be made no less than two (2) weeks or ten (10) business days before your event date. (Catering forms and menu)
- Contact the Office of Special Events immediately upon booking your room if you are requesting catering
- Please provide the following information (you may wish to use the Catering/Linen Request form as a guideline) Catering Form.
- Budget and account number to be charged.
- Number of participants expected.
- Time your event begins; times you require delivery of catering and tear-down.
- Type of food and drink; include dietary requirements, i.e., vegetarian, food allergies.
- Table coverings? Wait staff? (required for some events and tables)
Note: An approved Billing Form or for University and Foundation accounts; an approved Hospitality Form and signed catering quote must be submitted to the Office of Special Events before the catering request will be confirmed.
Please contact IT directly for your audio/visual need. You may contact them at:
- By an on-line request at Instructional Media Services. (at least two (2) weeks or more before your event):
- By calling the Support Center at extension 4357 (h-e-l-p)
Please allow at least four (4) weeks before your event for any requests made to this department. For questions about printed materials or press releases, please contact Marketing and Communications directly or you may contact them at:
- By an on-line request: Marketing and Communication Services
- By calling: Emily Banas (219-980-6536) or Ryan Shelton (219-981-4279)
Please refer to this website: Parking for Special Events.
- Please contact Parking Services directly for your parking needs or questions.
- Temporary parking tags are available through Parking Services in Hawthorn Hall or from the parking kiosks located inside Lot 2 and on 35th Avenue south of the Anderson Library Conference Center.
- Cost is $2.00 per tag.
- For larger events, please contact Parking Services to arrange suspension of issuing parking tickets. Note that a cost is involved.
It is strongly recommended that for events scheduled Monday – Thursday beginning at 8:30am and ending at 7:00pm, community participants should be advised to park in the park and ride lot on Grant Street and to take the shuttle to campus – Note: Shuttle hours begin at 8:00AM and end at 7:30PM
- Temporary shuttle passes are available from the security guard at the Park & Ride lot – guard is located inside the IU Northwest Arts on Grant building.
- Please communicate this information to all participants; it is suggested that you include this information on your flyers and posters if your event falls into this time frame.
- The Park & Ride lot and RedHawk shuttle are available only when fall and spring classes are in session; there is no service on Fridays, spring and winter breaks or during the summer.
- Please visit the RedHawk Shuttle website if you have questions or contact the Office of Special Events.
- Campus Police may be required for your event.
- Upon review by Campus Police, you will be notified if your event requires any police presence.
- If you do need a campus police officer at your event, an approved billing form, with an account number, must be presented to Special Events prior to your event for the charges.
A sponsored event is one in which a campus department/unit has been requested by an outside organization to host the outside organization’s event on campus. Room rental and AV costs are waived when an outside organization is sponsored. Sponsorship Form
- A member of the host department/unit would act as liaison to the campus for the outside group, would have to be involved in the planning of the outside organization’s arrangements, and would have to be present at the event as the campus representative.
- A sponsorship form must be filled out and approved by a Department Head or Dean and have the signature of the person sponsoring the outside organization. That person would be the liaison between the outside group and Special Events.
- The sponsored group must provide a certificate of liability insurance to Special Events two (2) weeks prior to the event. The following information must be included on the certificate of liability insurance form:
- $1MM/$2MM minimum general liability limits and name “The Trustees of Indiana University, its officers, agents and employees” as both the Certificate Holder AND as Additional Insured and submit it to the Office of Special Events.