The following is a list of the documents required to be uploaded in a PDF or Word document to the online application or submitted with the paper application. If you prefer to submit a paper application, you may do so by downloading this packet application.
The following documents are required for either online applications or paper applications:
- Graduate Application Apply online.
- Residency Form (if completing the paper application)
- Official copy of transcripts verifying earned bachelor degree.
- Please have official transcripts sent to the following address:
Indiana University Northwest
School of Public & Environmental Affairs Graduate Program
3400 Broadway, Dunes 2101
Gary, IN 46408
4. Students applying for the MPA program, must submit official GRE scores to the department for admission. If the undergraduate overall grade point average is 3.0 or higher, then the department will waive the GRE requirement. All applicants applying for the MPA program who have less than a 3.0 grade point average in their undergraduate coursework, must take the GRE. An admissible score for the GRE is a combined verbal and quantitative score of 280.
- If applicants have already earned a graduate degree (Master degree or higher, this requirement is also waived)
5. Self-Disclosure Form Download self-disclosure form.
6. Copy of your Resume
7. Letter of Intent (i.e., this is your personal statement as to why you want to pursue the program and what you hope to gain from it)
8. Writing Sample - May submit any of the following as your writing sample:
a. A copy of any undergraduate research paper (does not have to be a graded paper)
b. A copy of a repot written in a professional setting
c. A 500-800 word paper on any issue you consider of importance today for public administrators, nonprofit leadres, or public policy analysis.
9. Applicants must submit three letters of reference. (Note: letters must be professional references, i.e., current/former employers or professors outside of SPEA).
10. $40.00 non-refundable application fee (Note: if using paper form of application, must submit check or money order payable to Indiana University Northwest).