Skip to Main Content
iun sap

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Federal regulations require that Indiana University Northwest establish a policy to monitor the academic progress of students who apply for and/or receive financial assistance. A student must be admitted to the university and enrolled in a degree-seeking program to be eligible for assistance.  The Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) standards listed below apply to all financial aid applicants at IU Northwest whether or not aid was received for prior coursework. In addition, all students, whether receiving aid or not, must meet IU Northwest academic standards.

IMPORTANT:  Recipients of federal financial assistance are expected to attend classes throughout the term. Students may be required to repay federal aid already received if it is determined that the student stopped attending but did not officially withdraw from classes.

To view the entire policy click here: Academic Progress Policy

Summer 2017 Sap Appeal Form (Please use the 2016-2017 Sap Appeal form)